What is your plan for this summer?
We have some ideas for you!
This summer, you can learn from excellent academics and connect with peers from around the world through attending a summer programme and participating in cultural activities in France, Japan, Korea, Thailand or United Kingdom. Selected students will be able to join a summer programme offered by the partner institutions of the Chinese University of Hong Kong with the programme fee/tuition sponsored, but places are limited.
Why should you join the programme?
- Enhance academic excellence
- Learn a new language
- Make friends from different cultural backgrounds
- Polish your communication and inter-personal skills
- Immerse in a foreign culture
- See the world from a new perspective
Who can apply?
- All local CUHK undergraduate students are welcome to apply for the summer programmes!
- Students are only eligible for summer programmes which take place and end on or before their expected graduation dates.
- Participation in a summer programme offered through this exercise will not affect students’ future application(s) to the outgoing exchange selection organized by Office of Academic Links (OAL).
Application Procedures and Selection Schedule
|Date & Time (2023)||Deadline/Activity|
|15 March (09:00)||Webform available for application|
|26 March (23:59)||Deadline for application|
|30 March (17:00)||Announcement of application results via CUSIS|
|3 April (09:00)||Deadline for accepting offering and submitting offer acceptance documents (via CUSIS) by students, if applicable|
OAL reserves the right to amend the above schedule without prior notice.
Deposit and Fees
- Successful applicants will be sponsored to participate in one of the selected summer programmes. These students do not need to pay any tuition/programme fee to the host institutions, but they have to pay other fees such as accommodation, flight tickets and insurance.
- Successful applicants will need to pay a refundable deposit of HK$2,000 to OAL. The deposit which will be refunded upon successful completion of the programmes, i.e. students must submit to OAL a transcript or certificate of completion issued by the host institutions by 30 September 2023; otherwise, no refund of the deposit will be arranged.
- The deposit will not be refunded if students fail to complete a programme, i.e. attending classes and activities, and completing assignments and assessments of the programme.
Please click the following links for more information:
….. Information Session …….
Join the information session hosted by University of Bristol on 28 March 2023 (Tuesday)!
- Obtain firsthand information about Archaeology Field School
- Learn about other Global Summer Schools offered by the University of Bristol
- Ask any questions!
Sign up here on or before 5:00 pm, 27 March 2023 (Monday).
Date: 28 March 2023(Tuesday)
Time: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Venue: Multi-purpose Room, 1/F, YIA
Speaker: Mr. Alex Thompson, Global Summer School Manager