Ernst Mach Grant for PhD Students and Post-Docs for 2022-23
(Deadline: 1 February 2022)
The Ernst Mach Grant is inviting applications from PhD students and post-docs for a research scholarship for 2022-23. The grant provides support to PhD students and post-docs undertaking short-term research attachments at universities in Austria.
- Duration of visit: 1-9 months
- Value of award:
– €1,050 per month for PhD students
– €1,150 per month for post-docs
- The award is meant to cover accident and health insurance, accommodation, visa, daily-life and travel expenditures. Recipients may receive an additional travel subsidy of up to €1,000.
- Recipients are exempt from tuition fees.
- The OeAD (Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation) can provide logistic support on health insurance as well as accommodation.
For PhD students:
- Be registered as a PhD student at CUHK at the time of application and during the visit
- Hold a PhD degree
- Hold an academic position at CUHK at the time of application and during the visit
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research or academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the award
- Applicants should be born on or after 1 Oct 1986
- The scholarships will only be awarded for projects that can be completed within the approved period
Eligible Fields of Study / Research:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Technical Sciences
Interested applicants should submit their application online with the following documents:
- Two letters of recommendation by CUHK faculty members. The recommendation letters must bear the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant as well as the stamp of the university/department and must be dated within six months at the time of application
- Written consent of a host supervisor at the Austrian host institution to academically supervise the applicant
- Scanned copy of passport page with name and photo
- Scanned copy of university graduation certificates (Master, PhD or doctoral studies) in German or English
- Proof of enrollment for PhD students / proof of employment for Post-doc researchers
The application closing date is 1 February 2022. Application result is expected to be announced in July 2022. Only completed applications will be considered.
Please visit here for more details.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com. Applicants are advised to submit a copy of their applications to the Office of Academic Links (c/o Ms. Alice Leong; firstname.lastname@example.org) for internal record.
Last updated: November 2021