CUHK 2nd Annual (2012) Study Abroad Writing Contest Winners
• XU Cong (徐聪) has been going by “Charles” since the age of 6 when he moved to the U.S. Born in Wuhan, China, he moved to Cedar Falls, Iowa in 1999, then to Roseville, Minnesota in 2000, and then to South Bend, Indiana in 2007. Currently, he is an undergraduate, majoring in Environmental Sciences with a minor in Chinese at the University of Notre Dame. For the 2012-13 academic year, he is participating in a year-long exchange program at CUHK. Charles will graduate in the spring of 2014.
• CHAN Lai Kwan (Jane) is a Year 4 English Major and Journalism Minor. In 2011-12, she went to San Diego, California in the United States for a one-year academic exchange programme with the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP).
• YUEN Ki Ho (Sandy) is a third-year student majoring in Journalism and Communication. From August to December 2011, she took part in a semester-long exchange program at the University of Southern California. She took many interesting courses including “Introduction to Photography”, “Make-up for Motion Pictures”, “Fashion, Media and Culture” and “The Rhetoric of LA”.
• YU Yuk Shan (Kanthleen) is a third-year English major. In 2011-12, she took part in a year-long academic exchange programme at the University of York in the U.K.
• TANG Hei Man (Heidi) is majoring in Integrated Business Administration in the Faculty of Business Administration at CUHK. In 2011-12, she participated in a year-long exchange program in Lausanne, Switzerland.
• Nalanda BARBER is studying at the Chinese University of Hong Kong as an exchange student for the 2012-13 academic year. Back home, at the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada, she studies both English and Philosophy and is in her 3rd year of undergraduate studies.
• WONG Yi Ho (Eddie) is a fourth-year student in the Integrated Bachelor of Business Administration program at CUHK. As well as majoring in Business, he has an undeclared minor in Government and Public Administration. From August to December 2012, he participated in a semester-long international exchange program at Alfred University in Alfred, New York State, in the United States.