CUHK 1st Annual (2011) Study Abroad Writing Contest Winners
• Lam Ka Man (Connie) is a third-year English major at CUHK. From 03-31 July 2011, she took part in the Shaw College Overseas English Study Tour at the University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
• Chan Yuen Shan (Alice) is a Year-4 English major, with a minor in Government and Public Administration. In the 2010-11 academic year, she was an international exchange student at the University of Sheffield in the UK. Her sojourn was organized by the OAL (Office of Academic Links) at CUHK.
Third Place – Tie
• Natalie Chan is a fourth-year English major and Spanish minor. In the 2010-11 academic year, she spent two semesters at York University in Toronto, Canada as an exchange student.
• Wu Man is a year-3 student from the Faculty of Education majoring in English Studies and English Language Education. She took part in an English immersion programme in Edinburgh for 8 weeks, from June to August 2011.
• Chan Ho Yeung (Thomas) is majoring in Professional Accountancy in the Faculty of Business Administration at CUHK; his minor is in French Studies. In 2010-11, Thomas participated in a semester-long exchange program in France.
• Cheung Hui Ning is a Year 4 student, with a major in English and a minor in Japanese Language. In the 2010-11 academic year, she attended Soka University in Tokyo as an exchange student.
• Chow Tat Wing (Cyrus) is a third year student, majoring in English Language Studies & English Language Education (ELED). From 12 June until 5 August 2011 he participated in the Edinburgh Language immersion programme jointly organized by CUHK and the University of Edinburgh.
• Judy Cheng is an exchange student at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) for the 2011-12 academic year. When she wrote this essay, she had been studying at CUHK for three months. In mid-June 2012 she will return to her home country to continue her studies. Her home university is the University of California, Los Angeles in the United States.