APRU Virtual Student Exchange Program
(VSE Season 3, 2021-22)
Are you looking for international exchange opportunities but are unable to join because of current health and safety concerns, restrictions on international travel, budget constraints, or other commitments?
The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) Virtual Student Exchange (VSE) is an innovative breakthrough in global education. Utilizing online platforms and advanced technologies, the Program provides an opportunity for you to participate in an exchange without the need to travel.
Take Academic Courses
Academic courses, most bearing credits, in a range of disciplines are available for undergraduate CUHK students under the APRU VSE. The VSE is offered in three Seasons each year with courses grouped under their starting dates:
- Season 1: offers regular-term courses with starting dates from July to December
- Season 2: offers regular-term courses with starting dates from January to June
- Season 3: offers intensive, short-term courses between May and August
In each Season, you can take two courses from the catalogue of courses available. Enrich your knowledge and earn credits from the course offering universities. Apply for course and unit exemption at CUHK after successful completion (subject to final approval from the respective CUHK department).
Universities that offer courses to CUHK students during the VSE Season 3, 2021-22 are listed below. Check for full course details at the VSE official website.
The VSE presents opportunities for students to join co-curricular programmes offered by APRU member universities. With a network of more than 50 leading universities around the world you can connect with peers across the globe through cultural immersion, global leadership, career planning and social programmes that take place throughout the term.
Check out the available VSE Co-curricular Programmes now!
Application for Academic Courses
To enroll, CUHK students should:
- Complete and submit the VSE online application.
- The VSE Central Office will confirm whether your application is endorsed by OAL. Your application will not be processed by the VSE Central Office if it is not endorsed.
- The VSE Central Office and the course offering university will notify you once you are admitted to the VSE academic course. After you have received the admission letter/email from the course offering university, complete the additional endorsement procedures at CUHK only if the course you are taking is credit bearing.
- Download and complete the required sections on the CUHK Endorsement Form.
- Email the partially completed CUHK Endorsement Form and the admission letter/email from the course offering university to Alex Chau, the VSE Coordinator at CUHK, for processing.
- You will be notified once your Form has been endorsed by your major department and submitted to the RES.
Points to note for CUHK students applying to the VSE:
- How many VSE academic courses can I take? You may enroll in two academic courses in each VSE Season.
- Are VSE academic course credits counted towards my CUHK course load in a particular term?
Yes, for credit bearing courses. No, for non-credit bearing courses. Approvals from your major department and the Registration and Examination Section are required for taking more than 18 credit units in Term 1 or Term 2, and/or more than 6 credit units during the summer, including VSE academic course credits.
- Do I need to make an application to transfer my VSE course credits to CUHK?
Yes. If you wish to transfer the credits earned from the VSE academic course, you should make an application to the RES for course and unit exemption after you have received the transcript from the course offering university. Transferability of VSE academic course credits is subject to the approval of CUHK Faculties and Departments.