APRU SDG Education for Global Citizenship – APRU SDG4GC
Shaping the Future of Health & Wellbeing
1 November 2022 – 20 March 2023 – Online Program
The APRU SDG4GC is an intercultural, transdisciplinary and interactive program that fosters global citizenship among students from 60 universities in 19 economies across the Pacific Rim. Co-designed by six core-partner universities in collaboration with the United Nations (UN), the program builds knowledge of global issues and global literacy among students. This is achieved through learning about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), exploring in-depth some of the world’s biggest challenges, and proposing solutions using a framework for collaborative development of social innovation prototypes. The program places critical importance in introducing locally embedded unique case studies among the network members to help students develop a broad array of perspectives and deepen understandings of the SDGs.
Message from UN Resident Coordinator Office in Thailand
In the year 2022-23, the theme of the program will be Shaping the Future of Health & Wellbeing. The program, which will be offered online this year, will explore the many dimensions of wellbeing including social, cultural, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, mental, physical, and economic. It covers a broad range of topics, including mental health, health equity, health care systems and ethics, healthy aging, and global health. By drawing on multiple disciplines and practices, the program builds a strong sense of global citizenship toward resilient global communities.
Key Program Features
- Orientation program, interactive lectures, and training provided by APRU member universities, UN agencies, and experts from the field.
- UN SDG Primer Course which is self-paced will establish a common base of understanding and approach for the UN system in supporting the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Teamwork with students from 60 universities in 19 economies.
- Mentorship program facilitated by academics and design thinking experts will guide teams of students to develop social innovation prototypes to address pressing challenges of our societies globally.
- Pitching competition will showcase students’ work and will be judged by a panel of UN experts.
- Winning Prize is a week-long visit to Bangkok, Thailand with training at Chulalongkorn University’s Innovation Hub, field trips to spin off companies and startups in rural community to learn innovative practices, and an opportunity to join a key United Nations event in Bangkok.
- Certificate of completion jointly issued by partners.
|Nov 1-2, 2022||Orientation||Synchronous (UTC+7)||2 hrs x 2 days||4 hrs|
|Nov 2022 – Mar 2023||Social Innovation Workshops||Synchronous||1 hr x 5 sessions||5 hrs|
|UN SDG Primer Course||Asynchronous||3.5 hrs||3.5 hrs|
|Lectures/Meetings with Mentors||Synchronous||1-2 hrs x 5 sessions||5-10 hrs|
|Engagement Activities||Synchronous||1.5 hrs||1.5 hrs|
|Mar 20, 2023||Pitching Competition||Synchronous (UTC+7)||3 hrs||3 hrs|
|Total Contact Hours||22-25 hrs|
* subject to changes.
Eligibility & Application
- Enrolled at CUHK during the program period
- Undergraduate students in any discipline
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
- Good command of English language
To apply, please click here to access the application form. The deadline for applications is October 5, 2022.
Please contact Ms. Helsa Au at the Office of Academic Links if you have a question about the APRU SDG4GC Program.