Term Time Exchange
Follow these steps to apply for the university-wide, Bachelor of Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Science Undergraduate Student Exchange Programmes through OAL in the first placement round:
For more details on each step of the application process, please refer to the Application and Policy Manual for the first placement round. To apply for exchange programmes offered through Colleges, Faculties and Departments, please consult them directly.
Below are the important dates for the outgoing exchange application and selection of regular term-time 2021-22 and summer 2021 that you should response to:
First Placement Round
The first placement round is complete.
Second Placement Round
No new application will be accepted. The second placement round is only for applicants of the first placement round who:
- were shortlisted in November 2020; and
- have indicated to OAL that they wish to join the second placement round by the specified deadline. Yet all applicants who join the second placement round must meet the following requirements by the commencement of the second placement round:
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 or above; and
- their cumulative exchange period within their nominative study period at CUHK does not exceed one academic year, i.e. two regular terms of exchange offered by any CUHK units plus one summer exchange offered by OAL (excluding summer programmes offered by other departments/units.)
Students who have accepted an offer from any CUHK unit (including OAL) are not eligible to participate in the second placement round.
|2021||Feb 24 (Wed)||Eligible students to receive email invitation for joining 2nd placement round from OAL|
|Feb 26 (Fri)||13:00||Deadline for joining 2nd placement round|
|Mar 3 (Wed)||17:00||Online application form open for update on CUSIS
Announcement of composite score, individual appointment schedule and ranking
|Mar 9 (Tue) – Mar 10 (Wed)||09:00 – 18:00||Individual appointments for allocation of exchange placement (on a specific date and time assigned by OAL)|
|Mar 11 (Thu)||15:00||Placement results posted on CUSIS|
|Mar 15 (Mon)||Deadline for accepting exchange offer on CUSIS and submitting offer acceptance documents online|
OAL reserves the right to amend the above schedules without prior notice.
- With international student exchanges being severely impacted due to the ongoing global health and safety issues over the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years, the number of outgoing exchange programmes and places available for the 2021-22 academic year will be reduced. Some programmes available previously may not be offered in 2021-22.
- The list of programmes and associated places will not be available and confirmed until early January 2021. When applying, please input “OU9999 – Choices to be updated” as your choice of programmes in the “Choice of Host Institutions and Exchange Periods” section on page 3 of the application form and list your preferred exchange destination(s) and programme(s) in your personal statement in the “Study Plan” section on page 4 of the application form.
- Due to limited places available in 2021-22, the following rules will be implemented for the 2021 outgoing exchange selection exercise (this selection).
- First year students, except for senior-year intake students, are not eligible in this selection. First year students are encouraged to apply from next year.
- Students who had accepted a term-time exchange offer for 2021-22 from any CUHK units will not receive an offer from this selection.
- Each student will receive only one offer for 2021-22, regardless of exchange period, if the student is eligible to participate in this selection.
- At the first placement round, applications from eligible students who have neither been on term-time nor summer exchange (Group 1) will be placed before those who had been on term-time and/or summer exchange (Group 2). In each group, applications will be ranked by composite scores. The application with the highest ranking will be considered first, the application with the lowest ranking will be considered last.
- At both the first and second placement rounds, placement will be done through individual appointments, i.e. meeting with OAL staff individually at a designated time. During the appointment, students will be able to review the most up-to-date exchange programme list and revise their programme choices accordingly before being placed.