Term Time Exchange
In general, there are two placement rounds of the CUHK Outgoing Exchange Programmes. Students must apply in October and go through a selection process of about four to six months.
Follow these steps to apply for the university-wide, Bachelor of Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Science Undergraduate Student Exchange Programmes through OAL selection exercise:
For more details on each step of the application process, please refer to the Application and Policy Manual for the first placement round. To apply for exchange programmes offered through Colleges, Faculties and Departments, please consult them directly.
The application period of CUHK Student Exchange Programmes (Summer 2023/Regular Term-Time 2023-24) is September 28 (09:00) – October 24 (23:59), 2022. Below are the important dates for the outgoing exchange application and selection of regular term-time 2023-24 and summer 2023 that you should response to:
First Placement Round
|2022||Sep 28 (Wed)||09:00||Online application opens in CUSIS|
|Oct 24 (Mon)||23:59||Online application closes in CUSIS|
|Oct 27 (Thu)||23:59||Deadline for referees to submit online recommendation|
|Nov 2 (Wed)||17:00||Shortlist announced by email|
|Nov 3 (Thu)||17:00||Interview registration form posted on CUSIS
(Shortlisted applicants who are invited to attend an interview should select an interview session)
|Nov 6 (Sun)||23:59||Deadline for interview registration on CUSIS|
|Nov 8 (Tue)||17:00||Interview schedule posted on OAL website|
|Nov 21 (Mon) – Dec 6 (Tue)||09:00 – 18:00||Interview|
|Dec 19 (Mon)||Online application form open for update on CUSIS|
|2023||Jan 18 (Wed)||17:00||Composite scores posted on CUSIS|
|Jan 26 (Thu)||23:59||Deadline for finalizing choice of programmes and uploading IELTS/TOEFL report to online application form on CUSIS|
|Feb 3 (Fri)||17:00||Placement results posted on CUSIS|
|Feb 6 (Mon)||23:59||Deadline for accepting exchange offer on CUSIS|
|Feb 7 (Tue)||23:59||Deadline for submitting offer acceptance documents online|
OAL reserves the right to amend the above schedules without prior notice.
Second Placement Round
The second placement round is only for applicants of the first placement round who:
- were shortlisted in November 2022; and
- have not received any exchange offer from any CUHK units for 2023-24; and
- have indicated to OAL that they wish to join the second placement round by the specified deadline. Yet all applicants who join the second placement round must meet the following requirements by the commencement of the second placement round:
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 or above; and
- their cumulative exchange period within their nominative study period at CUHK does not exceed one academic year, i.e. two regular terms of exchange offered by any CUHK units plus one summer exchange offered by OAL (excluding summer programmes offered by other departments/units.)
Students who have accepted an offer from any CUHK unit (including OAL) are not eligible to participate in the second placement round.
Timeline for Second Placement Round will be available in February 2023.
Students are highly recommended to read the Application and Policy Manual for details for application and selection.