Term Time Exchange
In general, there are two placement rounds of the CUHK Outgoing Exchange Programmes. Students must apply in October and go through a selection process of about four to six months.
Follow these steps to apply for the university-wide, Bachelor of Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Science Undergraduate Student Exchange Programmes through OAL selection exercise:
For more details on each step of the application process, please refer to the Application and Policy Manual for the first placement round. To apply for exchange programmes offered through Colleges, Faculties and Departments, please consult them directly.
The application period of CUHK Student Exchange Programmes (Summer 2022/Regular Term-Time 2022-23) is October 5 (09:00) – October 28 (23:59), 2021. Below are the important dates for the outgoing exchange application and selection of regular term-time 2022-23 and summer 2022 that you should response to:
First Placement Round
|2021||Oct 5 (Tue)||09:00||Online application opens in CUSIS|
|Oct 28 (Thu)||23:59||Online application closes in CUSIS and
Deadline for referees to submit online recommendation form
|Nov 5 (Fri)||17:00||Shortlist posted on CUSIS|
|Nov 8 (Mon)||17:00||Interview registration form posted on CUSIS
(Shortlisted applicants who are invited to attend an interview should select an interview session)
|Nov 10 (Wed)||23:59||Deadline for interview registration on CUSIS|
|Nov 12 (Fri)||17:00||Interview schedule posted on OAL website|
|Nov 24 (Wed) – Dec 7 (Tue)||09:00 – 18:00||Interview|
|Dec 8 (Wed)||Online application form open for update on CUSIS|
|2022||Jan 17 (Mon)||17:00||Individual appointments information released to applicants|
|Jan 19 (Wed) – Jan 28 (Fri)||09:00 – 18:00||Individual appointments for allocation of exchange placement (on a specific date and time assigned by OAL)|
|Jan 28 (Fri)||18:00||Placement results posted on CUSIS|
|Feb 4 (Fri)||23:59||Deadline for accepting exchange offer on CUSIS|
|Feb 7 (Mon)||23:59||Deadline for submitting offer acceptance documents online|
OAL reserves the right to amend the above schedules without prior notice.
Second Placement Round
The second placement round is only for applicants of the first placement round who:
- were shortlisted in November 2021; and
- have not received any exchange offer from any CUHK units for 2022-23; and
- have indicated to OAL that they wish to join the second placement round by the specified deadline. Yet all applicants who join the second placement round must meet the following requirements by the commencement of the second placement round:
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 or above; and
- their cumulative exchange period within their nominative study period at CUHK does not exceed one academic year, i.e. two regular terms of exchange offered by any CUHK units plus one summer exchange offered by OAL (excluding summer programmes offered by other departments/units.)
Timeline for Second Placement Round will be available in February 2022.
- With international student exchanges being severely impacted by health and safety issues since the 2019-20 academic year, the number of outgoing exchange programmes and places available for the 2022-23 academic year will be reduced. Some programmes available previously may not be offered in 2022-23.
- The preliminary list of exchange programmes and associated places will not be available until mid-December 2021. When applying, please input “OU9999 – Choices to be updated” as your choice of programmes in the “Choice of Host Institutions and Exchange Periods” section on page 3 of the application form and list your preferred exchange destination(s) and programme(s) in your personal statement in the “Study Plan” section on page 4 of the application form.
- Due to limited places available, the following rules will be implemented for the 2022-23 outgoing exchange selection exercise (this selection).
- First year students, except for senior-year intake students, are not eligible in this selection. First year students are encouraged to apply from next year.
- Students who had accepted a term-time exchange offer for 2022-23 from any CUHK units will not receive an offer from this selection.
- Each student will receive only one offer for 2022-23, regardless of exchange period, if the student is eligible.
- At the first placement round of this selection, applications from eligible students who have neither been on term-time nor summer exchange (Group 1) will be placed before those who had been on term-time and/or summer exchange (Group 2). In each group, applications will be ranked by composite scores. The application with the highest ranking will be considered first, the application with the lowest ranking will be considered last.
- At both the first and second placement rounds, placement will be done through individual appointments, i.e. meeting with OAL staff member individually at a designated time. During the appointment, students will be able to review the most up-to-date exchange programme list and revise their programme choices accordingly before being placed.
Students are highly recommended to read the Application and Policy Manual for details for application and selection.