Addressing global challenges through intercultural collaboration
Are you ready for an exciting and new interactive eight-week learning programme with students at nine other universities? Apply now for the ACU Commonwealth Virtual Exchange!
Taking place from 3 October, you will work collaboratively with other students to explore several global challenges linked to the SDGs – including global health and climate change. Over the course of eight weeks, you will be challenged to exercise leadership, team-work and problem-solving skills to come up with an innovative business idea to address a global challenge. For the first seven weeks, you will connect online with students from 10 member universities of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). In the final week, you may have an opportunity to meet in-person with students from the participating universities. This is an excellent opportunity to make new global connections and leave with new perspectives.
About the programme
The Commonwealth Virtual Exchange programme draws on the expertise of senior specialists from the University of Malaya, Malaysia, and Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India, in close collaboration with the other participating universities. This programme is led by the ACU – an international organization with a strong track record of delivering impactful and transformative international opportunities for students across the Commonwealth.
The event is multi-disciplinary and there are no academic prerequisites. The programme is appropriate both for those studying fields related to the SDGs, and students from other fields who are interested in how they can apply their discipline to the themes.
‘It’s important for students from across the Commonwealth and beyond to collaborate because through collaboration we can share diverse, cross-cultural knowledge on the important issues affecting humanity globally. We all have our unique experiences, skills, and expertise. These strengths can be realized when we collaborate and work together for the general good of humanity.’
– ACU Summer School 2020 delegate.
3 October – 30 November 2022
3 October to 25 November – 7-week virtual programme
24 – 28 October – programme break
28 – 30 November – in person programme at CUHK (connecting in virtually to other universities together) (details to be confirmed)
Successful students can expect
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Talks by academic experts
- Development of in-demand employability skills, intercultural competencies and entrepreneurial skills
Participating ACU member universities
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- National Law University – Delhi
- P. Jindal Global University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- SVKM’s NMIMS
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The University of Western Australia
- University of East London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Malaya
Who can apply?
- All CUHK undergraduate students whose expected graduation date is 31 July 2023 or beyond are welcome to apply for the programme.
- The ACU seeks, encourages and supports the participation of students from a wide range of institutions and groups currently underrepresented in international study opportunities.
*Upon completing the programme, your participation will be listed in the University Experiential Learning Activities (UELA) Report.
Five per each participating university
How to apply? (**updated**)
Complete and submit the application form on or before 5 May (extended application deadline). Successful applicants will be contacted by the ACU in May.
If you have any enquiries about the programme, please contact Ms. Frances So at email@example.com.