Call for application
The following programmes are open for application:
ACU Early Career Conference Grants 2020
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is inviting applications to its Early Career Conference Grants which support early career academics who have not previously travelled for work beyond their home region.
About the Grants
In 2020, a total of 25 grants will be offered by ACU, with a maximum amount of GBP 2,000 each. The grant can be used to cover conference registration fees, economy return flights, accommodation, sustenance and visa costs. The travel must take place between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021.
- Be employed as a lecturer, research fellow/associate or post-doctoral researcher (or equivalent).
- Be within seven years of the start of academic career. Applicants who have taken a career break and returned to work can also be considered.
- Not have previously travelled for work beyond the Home region
- Already have submitted a proposal to present at an overseas conference.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit the online application form with conference proposal and a letter of reference from the line manager or department head.
Eurasia-Pacific Uninet Ernst Mach Grant for PhD Students and Post-Docs for 2020-21
The Eurasia-Pacific Uninet (EPU) is inviting applications from PhD students and Post-Docs of CUHK for a research scholarship programme for 2020-21. The programme provides support to PhD students and Post-Docs undertaking short-term research attachments at one of the EPU member institutions in Austria.
Terms of award
- Duration of visit:
- 1-9 months for PhD students
- 1-6 months for Post-Docs
- Value of award:
- €1,050 per month for PhD students
- €1,150 per month for Post-Docs
- The award is meant to cover accident and health insurance, accommodation, visa, daily-life and travel expenditures. Recipients may receive an additional travel subsidy of up to €1,000.
- Recipients are exempted from tuition fees.
- The Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research will provide logistic support on health insurance as well as accommodation.
Eligible fields of study
- Agricultural Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Technical Sciences
Interested applicants should submit their application online. The closing date is Wednesday, 15 April 2020. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. Please visit here for more details.
Non-EU Teaching Mobility Program at the University of Vienna 2020-21
The University of Vienna, Austria is inviting applications to the Non-EU Teaching Mobility Program 2020-21 which supports short-term teaching visits between March and June 2021 by faculty members in humanities, law, theology, social sciences, natural sciences, and life sciences of partner universities.
- The minimum duration of stay is three weeks while the maximum is 90 days.
- The teaching assignment comprises an entire university course of 30 in-class contact hours.
- The language of instruction is English, except for the specific language of a program of the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies.
- Invited candidates will receive a work contract from the University of Vienna. Travel expenses are reimbursed up to a limit of €2,000.
- Applicants have to get in contact with a faculty member in their specific academic field of the University of Vienna for support.
- The proposed course should fit into at least one of the degree programs and complement existing courses of the University of Vienna.
Applicants should submit their applications together with their CV, list of publications, syllabus of the proposed course, letter of endorsement and letter of support via the online application system.
Application will close on Tuesday, 15 September 2020 for teaching visits between March and June 2021. For more information, please visit here or contact Mr. Maximilian Kudler at email@example.com of the International Office of the University of Vienna.