Home / CUHK Students / Scholarships and Financial Aid

Getting Started

Scholarships and Financial Aid

CUHK Student Exchange Financial Aid and Scholarship Scheme (FASS)
CUHK students who are going on exchange can apply for financial support under the CUHK Student Exchange Financial Aid and Scholarship Scheme (FASS). Eligible students will be invited to complete a FASS application form. Successful applicants will receive financial support in the form of either a travel grant only; a travel grant plus need-based financial aid; or a travel grant plus a scholarship.

Any travel grant will be based on a percentage of the estimated round-trip airfare; for 2017-18, the percentage is roughly 30%.

Need-based financial aid is available to students who can present solid proof of financial needs. They will receive financial aid based on a percentage of the difference between the estimated cost of the exchange and their family’s disposable income. The percentage for 2017-18 is roughly 40%.

An asset test will also be applied to students’ family financial situation so that assets such as property and land owned by family members are taken into account in assessing the amount of assistance they receive.

Scholarships are awarded to students according to the requirements specified by the donors, e.g. academic merits, financial need, major discipline and/or exchange destination.

Click here for more information about FASS.

Scholarships and Financial Aid Offered by Other CUHK Units

Scholarships and financial aid are also available from other CUHK departments. Please click here for more information and contact the relevant offices for further information.

EDB Subsidy Schemes – SSE and SSEBR (Summer 2018 and 2018-19)

Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) and Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange to Belt and Road Regions for Post-secondary Students (SSEBR) are funded by the HKSAR Education Bureau.  Students who meet certain requirements and who are on eligible non-local learning programmes during the summer of 2018 or the academic year 2018-19 can apply for a subsidy under SSE (for destinations outside HK) or SSEBR (for destinations along the Belt and Road). Please click here for requirements and application procedures.

Please click here for list of eligible non-local learning programmes.