Undergraduate student accommodation preference
[Except for Global Learning Opportunities in Business Education (GLOBE) students]
Undergraduate exchange and study abroad students will be accommodated in on-campus student hostels owned and managed by CUHK Colleges. Students will share a room with one or two CUHK student(s) who have expressed special interest in having a non-CUHK roommate. For hostel fee at CUHK, details can be referred to fees table.
Prospective undergraduate exchange and study abroad students should indicate accommodation preference by completing section 10 in the online application form. If you do not complete this section, you are considered as having no accommodation preference. Assignment of undergraduate hostels will be made randomly.
Before placing your preference, please note the following:
- Students admitted through the Colleges are required to stay at their affiliated college.
- An extensive building programme is in progress near the International House (I-House). Therefore construction noise, dirt and nuisance near the construction sites should be expected.
- Morningside College, S.H. Ho College and C.W. Chu College are fully residential Colleges. All students, including exchange students assigned to these Colleges are required to join a compulsory meal plan and dine with other members of the College three nights per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). This provides a unique opportunity for students to bond with students from the same College and to meet and learn from fellows of the College. Besides the regular dinners, special dinners including cultural dinners and high table dinners are organized.
- Opting for off-campus accommodation is not recommended for those who have no connections in Hong Kong because:
- no off-campus accommodation service is available at CUHK;
- you will need to search for a living place and negotiate with landlords (most of them speak Cantonese) all by yourself;
- monthly rent in Hong Kong could be as high as HK$7,000 to 9,000 per person, excluding utilities and furniture; and
- short-term leases are uncommon in Hong Kong.
- Please do not approach Colleges directly for housing enquiries.
By submitting the online application, you have understood and agreed to abide by the following:
- You are aware that the information of I-House and College hostels is available online at:
Chung Chi College
New Asia College
Morningside College (with mandatory meal plan)
S.H. Ho College (with mandatory meal plan)
Lee Woo Sing College
Wu Yee Sun College
C.W.Chu College (with mandatory meal plan)
- Once your choice of accommodation is made, it is irrevocable.
- Your preference is for our reference only, final room assignment is subject to room availability.
- If your choice of accommodation is not available, you will accept to be accommodated in any type of room offered by your affiliated College or I-House even though it is not your preferred choice, and pay the on-campus accommodation and related fee as invoiced.