As part of the University’s internationalisation effort, a range of schemes and resources are administered by the Office of Academic Links to help faculty members and PhD students build and strengthen research collaboration with a view to raising its international standing and advancing the frontiers of research and technology.
A variety of scholarship, fellowship and visitorship programmes promoting research collaborations and teaching engagements are provided as below:
Faculty members are encouraged to identify suitable grants to engage in academic and/or exploratory activities in order to strengthen their international research collaboration. The schemes include:
- CUHK-University of Manchester Research Fund
- Worldwide Universities Network Research Development Fund
Faculty members are encouraged to organise international events and workshops to help promote their international connections and research collaboration, as well as to strengthen the University’s global presence. The scheme includes:
CUHK welcomes overseas scholars to visit CUHK to engage in academic exchanges with its faculty members and students via a range of schemes. Here are some schemes for visiting scholars:
- Internationalisation Faculty Mobility Scheme (Inbound)
- Bilateral Teaching Exchange Programme
- STINT’s Teaching Sabbatical Programme
- ICCR Visiting Professorship of Indian Studies
- United Board Fellows Programme
The University encourages its faculty members and students to utilise the academic exchange schemes and funding opportunities from around the world to pursue academic excellence. Some of these schemes are as below:
- Brown International Advanced Research Institutes
- Endeavour Research Fellowship for Post-docs
- Calling Applications! Eurasia-Pacific Uninet Ernst Mach Grant for Post-docs
- Institute of Advanced Studies, Princeton
- The Royal Society International Exchanges Schemes
- Visiting Fellowships at Clare Hall, University of Cambridge
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, and Postdocs
- Endeavour Research Fellowship for PhD Students
- Calling Applications! Eurasia-Pacific Uninet Ernst Mach Grant for PhD Students
- Calling Applications! McDonnell International Scholars Academy
Looking for More?
Information on research funding opportunities, academic exchange schemes, and research resources and services available both within and beyond the University is provided at the Research Resources webpage.
Faculty members and students are encouraged to utilise these resources to pursue academic exchanges and research collaboration with institutions around the world.