Summer-to-summer exchange programmes are offered with various overseas institutions that allow undergraduate students to take credit-bearing courses overseas during the summer holiday. Students can choose courses from a variety of disciplines, including arts, business, engineering, law, science and social sciences, as well as getting the opportunity to explore the host country and its culture.
To view the academic requirements of individual summer programmes available through the OAL, please refer to the admission and nomination requirement table when available in October:
- Asia University, Taiwan
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Ewha Womans University, South Korea
- Hanyang University, South Korea
- Korea University, South Korea
- King’s College London, UK
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Stockholm University, Sweden
- Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- University of Exeter, UK
- University of Geneva, Switzerland
- University of Helsinki, Finland
- WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), Austria
Students of all subjects and in all years of study can apply, although students who are due to graduate in the summer of the current academic year are not eligible to apply except for programmes that end before 31 July that year. Some programmes have specific course-registration requirements; students should check the individual programme’s website for details.
CUHK students do not need to pay additional tuition fees for the summer programme, but they might need to pay an accommodation and/or programme fee to the host institution. Programme fees include support and services for exchange students, such as access to libraries, home internet, class materials, breakfast and lunch on weekdays, and cultural activities. Accommodation and programme fees vary by programme and are determined by the host institutions.