CUHK-Stanford University CASBS Partner Fellowship Program
(For CUHK Faculty Members)
Deadline: Friday, 1 November 2019
CUHK and Stanford University’s Center for Advanced Study in Behavioral Sciences (CASBS) have a Partner Fellowship Program which provides opportunities for CUHK faculty members to take part in a residential fellowship program at Stanford University that fosters interdisciplinary intellectual exchange and contribute to advancing research and thinking in the social sciences. Fellows represent the core social and behavioral sciences but also the humanities, education, linguistics, communications, and the biological, natural, health, and computer sciences. The selected fellows will spend nine months at CASBS, where they will meet with fellows from diverse academic disciplines worldwide. The program will strengthen their academic network and facilitate collaborations across academia, policy, industry, civil society, and government to collectively design a better future.
This prestigious opportunity is open to scholars in the behavioral and social sciences as well as those in other areas if their work has human behavioral and social dimensions.
The Fellowship Program is now inviting applications for 2020-21 (Official visit period: September 2020-May 2021).
The ideal candidate for a CASBS fellowship is a highly accomplished academic or thinker (relative to career stage) and meets the following criteria:
- Has a PhD, professional degree (e.g., JD, MD), an equivalent foreign degree, or has achieved an equivalent level of professional reputation.
- Is three to four years past the doctorate or equivalent degree (CASBS does not offer post-doctoral fellowships). CASBS encourages young scholars to visit the Center after they have received tenure.
- Is an academic faculty member, or an independent researcher, who exhibits a high level of achievement, including a strong record of research publications.
- Communicates clearly in English.
- Is very interested in participating in regular interdisciplinary conversations.
- Is willing to commit to being in residence for the course of the fellowship year without conflicting commitments.
Scope of Support
The following provisions will be provided to the selected fellow:
- Salary at CUHK (provided on the ground of leave granted)
- Housing allowance (to be offered by CUHK and CASBS)
- Relocation allowance, which will vary depending on the home location and family size (to be offered by CASBS)
- Research allowance (to be offered by CASBS)
Selected fellow(s) are expected to spend nine months during September 2020-May 2021 at CASBS under the programe. Applicants are encouraged to consider a feasible leave plan before submitting their applications. Applicants may wish to refer to the CUHK Staff Handbook for the relevant regulations on leave and consult the Human Resources Office on leave entitlements.
Interested applicants should complete the application form from https://casbs.stanford.edu/apply/fellowship-application-instructions and submit it together with two reference letters to CASBS by November 1, 2019. Applications will be considered by CASBS and CUHK. The selected applicant will be informed of the result in February 2020.
To learn more about the Fellowship Program, please visit the CASBS website at https://casbs.stanford.edu/apply-casbs-fellowship.
Please contact Ms. Olivia Kwok at the Office of Academic Links.
Last Updated on 7 Aug 2019