Brown International Advanced Research Institutes 2018
(Deadline: 10 January 2018)
Brown University (Brown), USA is inviting applications to the Brown International Advanced Research Institutes (BIARI) to be held on 2-16 June 2018. BIARI is a two-week residential programme that provides a platform for outstanding early-career scholars and practitioners from around the world to address pressing global issues through high-level intellectual collaborations across traditional academic boundaries. Each year’s BIARI participants join a dynamic alumni community of over 1,300 members from 120 countries.
In 2018, BIARI will host three themed-institutes which consist of lectures, seminars and workshops led by distinguished faculty. The three institutes include:
- Forced Population Displacements and the Making of the Modern World
- Governance and Development in the Age of Globalization
- Social Entrepreneurship within Health and Humanitarian Innovation
- Applications are invited from early-career scholars and practitioners working in fields related to the themes of the institutes.
- Applicants from an academic background are usually within seven years of having finished their PhD or professional degree.
- Practitioners normally have from 4 to 10 years’ experience in their professional field.
Successful applicants will be covered the full cost of tuition, meals, and university housing for the duration of the program, and air travel when institutional support is not available.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
- Application is now open till 10 January 2018.
- Applicants are required to apply online at https://secure.brown.edu/biari/home. Applicants will be asked to provide the following information (details vary across institutes):
- Education background
- Academic experience
- Research activities (e.g. awards, publications, conferences)
- Supporting materials (e.g. CV, research project to be presented, writing samples)
Important: Applicants are advised to send a copy of their applications to the Office of Academic Links (c/o Ms. Olivia Kwok) for necessary follow-up.
For general enquiries, please contact Ms. Olivia Kwok at email@example.com.To learn more about BIARI and the application procedures, please refer the website at http://watson.brown.edu/biari/institutes/brown/2018.