Term Time Exchange
Follow these steps to apply for the university-wide, Bachelor of Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or Science Undergraduate Student Exchange Programmes through OAL in the first placement round:
For more details on each step of the application process, please refer to the Application and Policy Manual for the first placement round. To apply for exchange programmes offered through Colleges, Faculties and Departments, please consult them directly.
Here are important dates you should keep in mind during the application process. They are for the regular term-time 2018-19 and summer 2018 only:
Application and Selection Schedule for the First Placement Round
|2017||Oct 16 (Mon)||15:00||Online application opens|
|Nov 1 (Wed)||12:00 noon||Online application closes|
|Nov 9 (Thu)||15:00||Shortlist available online|
|Nov 10 (Fri)||15:00||Interview registration available online; shortlisted applicants who are invited to attend an interview should select an interview session online|
|Nov 13 (Mon)||12:00 noon||Online interview registration closes|
|Nov 15 (Wed)||15:00||Interview schedule posted online|
|Nov 21 (Tue) –
Dec 2 (Sat)
|Dec 4 (Mon)||Online application opens for updates|
|2018||Jan 17 (Wed)||15:00||Composite scores available online|
|Jan 19 (Fri)||12:00 noon||Deadline for finalizing choice of programmes and uploading IELTS/TOEFL report to online application form|
|Jan 31 (Wed)||15:00||Exchange offer available|
|Jan 31 (Wed)||16:00||Briefing session for UCEAP exchange students (For the 1st term and Year programmes only)|
|Feb 2 (Fri)||12:00 noon||Deadline for accepting exchange offers online|
|Feb 6 (Tue)||12:00 noon||Deadline for submitting offer acceptance documents|
Second placement round
No new applications will be accepted. The second placement round is only for applicants of the first placement round who:
- were shortlisted in November 2017; and
- have indicated to OAL that they wish to join the 2nd placement round, including those who have received an offer from the 1st placement round. Yet all applicants who join the 2nd placement round must meet the following requirements by the commencement of the 2nd placement round:
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 or above; and
- their cumulative exchange period within their nominative study period at CUHK does not exceed one academic year, i.e. two regular terms of exchange offered by any CUHK units plus one summer exchange offered by OAL. (Other summer programmes do not count towards this limit.)
Students who give up the offer from OAL in the first placement round are not eligible to join the second placement round unless they can provide documentary evidence for the reason of accepting the offer from their Colleges before the commencement of the OAL second placement round.
|2018||Feb 21 (Wed)||15:00||Eligible students to receive email notification from OAL|
|Feb 23 (Fri)||12:00 noon||Deadline for joining second placement round|
|Feb 28 (Wed)||15:00||Online application form open for update|
|Mar 8 (Thu)||15:00||Announcement of individual appointment schedule, composite score and ranking|
|Mar 11 (Sun) –
Mar 14 (Wed)
(on a specific date and time)
|Individual appointments for allocation of exchange placement (if any) in person at OAL|
|Mar 16 (Fri)||12:00 noon||Deadline for submitting offer acceptance documents|
Third placement round
The third placement round is for students who have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 or above, and:
- did not submit any application to OAL for outgoing exchange programmes 2018-19; or
- did not receive any regular term-time exchange offer for 2018-19 from OAL or other CUHK unit(s) by the commencement of the third placement round, including those who were not shortlisted by OAL in November 2017.
Please note that the following students are not eligible to join the third placement round:
- Students whose expected graduation date in the University’s record is 31 July 2018.
- Students who in October/November 2017 submitted an application to OAL for outgoing exchange 2018-19, but:
- did not register for a selection interview as invited and by the deadline in the first placement round; or
- did not attend a registered selection interview in the first placement round; or
- did not attend the individual appointment and/or did not authorize a representative to attend the individual appointment in the second placement round.
- Students who refused or did not accept an offer from OAL in the first or second placement round.
Please refer to the Application and Policy Manual for the third placement round.
|2018||Mar 27 (Tue)||15:00||Application form posted online|
|Apr 3 (Tue)||Deadline for referees to submit online recommendation form
(For students who request for interview exemption)
|Apr 4 (Wed)||12:00 noon||Deadline for online application|
|Apr 9 (Mon)||15:00||Shortlist posted online|
|Apr 10 (Tue)||15:00||Interview registration form posted online
(Shortlisted applicants who are invited to attend an interview should select an interview session online)
|Apr 12 (Thu)||12:00 noon||Deadline for interview registration|
|Apr 13 (Fri)||15:00||Interview schedule posted online
(Refer to Announcements for Applicants to check your interview date, time and venue.)
|Apr 19 (Thu) –
Apr 24 (Tue)
|09:00 – 18:00||Interview|
|Apr 27 (Fri)||Online application form open for update|
|Apr 30 (Mon)||15:00||Announcement of individual appointment schedule (assigned by OAL), composite score and ranking
(All shortlisted applicants shall refer to Announcements for Applicants to check their individual appointment date and time.)
|May 6 (Sun) –
May 7 (Mon)
|09:00 – 18:00
(on a specific date and time)
|Individual appointments assigned by OAL for allocation of exchange placement in person at OAL
(Venue: Conference Room 2, 13/F, Yasumoto International Academic Park)
|May 10 (Thu)||12:00 noon||Deadline for submitting offer acceptance documents|
Through the OAL selection exercise, a student can receive a maximum of one offer for the summer and one offer for the regular term(s) (i.e. first and/or second terms). However, students can only receive a maximum of one offer in each placement round.
The latest information will be available on the OAL website from mid-October 2017.