Office of Academic Links
The Office of Academic Links (OAL) serves as the international relations arm for the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). It promotes and supports the University’s internationalisation strategy in research and education, with a view to strengthening its impact and visibility on the global stage, and enriching the international exposure and inter-cultural experience of students.
OAL comprises dedicated teams working in the University’s international engagements and student exchange programmes. Some of its key functions include:
- Drive and develop academic initiatives in line with the University’s internationalisation strategy.
- Build and coordinate partnerships and agreements with institutions and organisations worldwide.
- Represent CUHK and promote its presence in a number of international networks and associations, and engage the CUHK community in their activities.
- Establish, manage, and promote regular term-time exchange and short-term study abroad programmes to shape CUHK students into tomorrow’s global citizens.
- Host incoming exchange and study abroad students at CUHK, ensure their wellbeing, and facilitate their integration with the CUHK and Hong Kong communities.
- Provide guidance, care, and assistance to both outgoing and incoming students. Administer financial aids to support CUHK students on exchange and work to secure funding for this cause.
- Plan for and host international delegation visits to foster collaborations.
- Develop and administer visitorship and fellowship schemes for faculty members and research students to support teaching and research collaborations.
People at OAL
Directions to CUHK and OAL